It's been two years since Async kicked off. To celebrate our birthday, we'd like to bring together some quickfire demos of your latest projects, experiments or newfound techniques. 5 minutes for a demo, 3 minutes for questions.
Would you like to grab a slot? Get some inspiration from our previous show n' tells (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
[Update]: The demos
- Luis Abreu; quick functional prototyping for mobile devices, using requirejs, basic python static file server and a few other HTML5/CSS3/JS goodies.
- Rosario Rascuna; how to embed a chat widget in a website with twitter oauth, pusher notifications, sinatra on heroku, coffescript and handlebars, all glued with CORS requests.
- Pete Goodman; a cross-device e-reader web app I recently made… (Including a few notes on JS and responsive web design for iOS/Android/Kindle, etc).
- Thomas Parslow; CasperJS, a framework for writing integration tests using PhantomJS, a headless Webkit browser.
- Chris Andrews; using DTrace with Node.js, using the dtrace-provider module, with examples of debug tracing and looking at latency in servers.
- Craig Moore; a Drupal WebGL module hooby project.
- Benjie Gillam; building a Backbone.js Redis store
Thinking of coming? Add yourself on Lanyrd