Ask the Brains Spring 2019
After last year's successful Ask the Brains event, we'll be rebooting it for 2019.
Inspired by the monthly Brighton ALT.NET meetup also hosted at the Skiff, we will be asking/talking/ranting about everything web related - 10 minutes per topic. The aim is to create a friendly environment for everyone to ask their "that thing you've never understood but always been too afraid to ask" type questions, plus any other topics you feel like talking about on the night. Topics such as:
- Should I use Flow JS or TypeScript for my new app? Why?
- I'm new to development. Where do I get started?
- How big do I let a project get before using Redux?
- What actually is a database index anyway?
- What VS Code plugins can you not live without?
- Is it just me, or is React Router 5 rubbish?
- Should I write unit tests, integration tests, or both?
The format works best when there is a diverse group of people and opinions in the room, so whether you consider yourself an absolute beginner, or a seasoned pro, do come and join.
So, please put your thinking caps on now and start thinking of some questions you would like to ask, so you can come prepared!
This meeting will be sponsored by Madgex, who will provide pizzas and beers for all. Please get in touch if you have any specific dietary requirements at hello AT asyncjs DOT com.