Sorry, all in person events are cancelled until further notice due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The FlightJS application framework offers a new way of building web applications at scale. Its straightfoward architecture allows the creation of highly portable, well-defined components that are easy to understand, easy to write and can be shared between applications.
In this talk, Tom Hamshere will provide an overview of how you can use Flight to enhance existing applications and build new ones in minutes. It will cover:
- Designing components & applications
- Creating components
- Progressive enhancement of existing websites
- Mixins, an alternative to object-based inheritance
- The Yeoman Flight generator
- Using open-source Flight components
Tom Hamshere is a Software Engineer at Twitter and was responsible for converting TweetDeck to use the Flight framework. He's the author of Getting Started with Twitter Flight and blogs about TweetDeck and Flight at SimpleButGood.net